Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Writing Out Loud: HUMOR

Humor Deep down, at one time or another, most of us have probably wondered if God has a sense of humor. At the end of the day, does God have the ability to laugh and be funny? The answer is yes, and we're given a glimpse of some heavenly humor here in Mark's gospel. The backdrop: Jesus sent His disciples to row across the Sea of Galilee without Him. As night fell, every sailor's nightmare was realized: a storm. This storm was so violent that they had been rowing all night and had only managed to get halfway across the sea. In a state of extreme exhaustion and stress, Jesus decides to drop in on them and ultimately rescue them. He walks towards them on the water, and this is where it gets very interesting. The sacred scriptures specifically tell us the Lord made like He was going to walk right past them! Read between the lines here: Jesus, God Almighty in the flesh, is having some fun with the disciples. He pretended to not see them and pass them by, knowing all the while they were scared beyond belief for their lives. Matthew's gospel tells us that when they saw Him they began shrieking like teenage girls at a slumber party. "It's a ghost! It's a ghost!" (Mathew 14:26). And there's Jesus, nonchalantly walking around like it's no big deal! There's something very comforting in this. It shows us a side of God we seldom associate with...His humor. But humor is an important part of who we are, and remember that God made us in His image. So it shouldn't surprise us that our sense of humor has a heavenly source. God made us in His image. So it shouldn't surprise us that our sense of humor has a heavenly source.
What does this passage reveal to me about God?
What does this passage reveal to me about myself?
Based on this, what changes do I need to make? What is my prayer for today?

 Pastor Bob Coy




1 comment:

  1. Hi Visa, your videos and blogs are inspiring . Are you on Twitter? Love to follow you. I'm there as @God_Loves_You2. Also, since your one blog shows you over in LA, I'll share I live in northwest GA. And, my name is Bill

    ReplyDelete

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!