Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, July 9, 2010

Writing Out Loud: Who's On Your Team?

What will basketball enthusiasts do now that one time “free agent” LeBron James is heading South? Well I suppose they will work through their grief and go on. LeBron’s primetime media blitz brought lawn mowers across the nation to a screeching halt. When making decisions one should carefully consider every available option. I believe wholeheartedly that this young man made the best decision based on the needs of his family and also his career. I mean really could you resist Florida and the opportunity to play for one of the greatest coaches ever? Whatever the outcome, I believe criticism would have followed. I’m most disappointed at the reaction from the fans of Cleveland. The shameful way in which they’ve behaved since the announcement only proves LeBron made the right choice. In a letter which was nothing short of acerbic, Cleveland Cavs owner, Dan Gilbert expresses everything except “Thanks!” None of us are in positions to feign amazement. This world has operated with a ‘thankless” mentality for thousands of years. We all pretend we’re happy to “go along to get along” until someone wises up and actually “gets gone!” This entire saga has proven that we only care about our own individual causes and concerns. The fabric of America has been interwoven with greed, selfishness, gluttony, self-indulgence, pride, arrogance, and contempt, and we have the impudence to question why we haven’t a shred of hope of leaving better legacies for future generations. It gives me tremendous relief to know that God’s love for all of us isn’t based upon how many records we sell, what sports team we play for, how many degrees adorn our walls or how many championship rings rest on our fingers. Whether they involved millions of dollars or not think about the choices you’ve had to make! Were the people who would be directly affected supportive or not? Everything LeBron James has done this past week has been cause for much speculation and innuendo. Before you make any decisions consult the Creator. Wisdom flows from God in the same way money does, but you can do so much more with it. I want to leave you with some Godly wisdom, a source we could all stand to tap into.



 

“A winner is not a winner because of what he has. A winner is a winner because of who he has. Who’s on your team?’ -AL Conley



 “Watch where your loyalty lies! Why? Because we’re often loyal to people that aren’t loyal to us”-Kevin Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!