Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, May 3, 2010

Journal Entry 03 May 2010

We’ve been friends so long I couldn’t imagine not calling “her” next year the day after my birthday to wish her “Happy Birthday.  Lord from the moment “Gerri” picked up the phone Saturday I intuitively knew something wasn’t right that something was different. Her voice was slurred to the point where it sounded almost childlike. I’m simply trying to understand through tears why she voiced with such “finality” “April I want you to come see me before the fall”? As soon as she uttered these words I wondered if her “summoning” me to Jacksonville, North Carolina would be the last time I ever see her again. It sounded so final, so extremely urgent. It reminded me of Jesus in the bible when he had to pass through Samaria. Lord help me please understand what’s going on and how best I can help my friend. It hurt me to depth of my soul to learn that she’d had another stroke but I was overwhelmed when she knew it was me on the other end of the phone. Lord I can’t lie, this hurts me to know my dear friend may in fact be transitioning even though I know you’ll take better care of her. Lord I don’t know how you’re going to do it but I believe you will make a way so I can get to see her before fall. I’m speaking right now that I already have new rear brakes and new rear tires should I have to make the drive myself. As much as I cried my only real concern was her salvation and that of her husband. I will continue to lift “Gerri” up. All I could think to do was to speak the Word over her. Lord I know your thoughts are not like mine, however you heal “Gerri” is alright with me. For the past 16 years we’ve called each other and sent cards to celebrate our birthdays. It’s funny but our birthdays being a day apart is one of the reasons we became friends. I also wanted to thank you for allowing me to cry on my best friend Kindahl’s shoulder through all of this. I haven’t had to deal with something so heavy in a long time. All I know is for the past 16 years I’ve sang some funny rendition of the “Birthday Song” to “Gerri” and it’s always made her smile, Saturday was no different. I hope I get to sing to her again May 1, 2011.
Amazed by Your Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!