Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, April 5, 2010

Writing Out Loud: Justice Was Served

Are you there God, it’s me April? Lord do you ever laugh at our ridiculous attempts to erase you from your creation yet still try to maintain a degree of order? It cracks me up that most of our laws got their humble beginnings straight from the Bible, and seemingly worked fine until man was deluded into thinking somehow he was capable of dispensing justice without you. When will man in his finite wisdom see it’s utterly impossible to continually “chip” away the moral fiber this land was founded upon without creating complete anarchy?
Yeah…I’d like justice…served. I’d really like to know what you did to these people:
• The maniac driver who ran over my brand new Strawberry Shortcake Lunchbox?
• The greedy jerk that ate my 6” Seafood & Crab sandwich that I carefully hid in the back of the refrigerator in 1996?
• The clueless doctor who said my ruptured gallbladder was just indigestion?
• The crafty thief who stole my identity..twice?
• The lazy neighbor whose dog repeatedly craps in my yard?
• The sinister hacker who infected my pc?
Isn’t the law, the very idea of justice supposed to protect me from people like this? Individuals scream for justice but it’s usually the self serving kind. We usually don’t enjoy hearing the very traits we find offensive in others are the very traits we possess ourselves. What about all the people I’ve hurt? Are the people I’ve offended somewhere screaming “bloody murder” demanding, pleading with you to punish me severely for things I’ve done to them? Yeah how soon we forget about the things we’ve done acting as though we’re the only people to ever be hurt. We can bask in our ignorance and fool ourselves into thinking that eradicating you from the law and this land liberates us. We can take prayer out of schools. We can draft a law that imposes stiff penalties on those who would dare speak your name, but where will we be? I earnestly believe that the reason we’re unable to dispense justice is because our concept of the word has been misplaced. We try to emulate you by passing off a counterfeit version of you. Before there can be a counterfeit of something there must first be a genuine thing. Lady Justice depicts justice as being equipped with three symbols: a sword symbolizing the court's coercive power; a human scale weighing competing claims in each hand; and a blindfold indicating impartiality. What a farce? Justice is illusive, I don’t know if it’s even attainable or tangible with our warped perception, yet we all want it served swiftly and harshly. The real truth is we only want it when we we’ve been wronged not when we’re wrong. As is always the case you’ve given me something to think about by showing me that when I try to place judgment upon someone else, judgment that’s only reserved for you, I only bring judgment upon myself. Thank you Lord for allowing me to come to an understanding: grace is your giving all of us what we do deserve and mercy is you giving all of us what we don’t. What I find most interesting is according to your law, we each get a generous portion of grace and mercy served fresh every single day regardless of what we do or don't!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!