Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, January 18, 2010

Writing Out Loud:The Jack5ons: Now What?


I believe a 2cd season is in the works and I bet Randy will be appearing in it. The decision to “postpone” or cancel the concert came as no big shock it was apparent from the very beginning. I think the brother’s still need to grieve collectively and individually. I’m laughing because when they were all in the studio with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis. I kept having flashbacks of Johnny Cash. What is up with all the “dark” clothing? Terry Lewis stated it best the brother’s are truly going to have to “work” things out on their own. The leadership displayed by Terry Lewis and Jimmy Jam was what I’d hoped to see from the brothers. They asked questions, important questions. The longest journey invariably is always inward and there’s no mistaking “issues” have to be “worked out” before they “walk out” on stage. This final episode was bittersweet but printed indelibly in my mind is though they may not be The Jackson 5 in the “traditional” sense they will always be brothers and they will always be family.
Jermaine “Pop Yo Collar”- Is it me or does Halima agitate you just a little every time she “subtly suggests” Jermaine “do” something or “say” something that may affect his brothers in ways she couldn’t possibly comprehend? I don’t know if it was careful editing or some “Jermagical” transformation, but Jermaine, in just a few short weeks seemed to come “full circle”. In my estimation as far as the musical side of things, Jermaine clearly is the leader. He does seem to possess the wherewithal to see this project to the end. Jermaine seemed like a shrewd politician at first getting everybody on board but I hope his “let’s show em rhetoric” isn’t lost in all of his colorful scarves.
Tito “Take Me as I Am”- Musicians always seem to have a unique camaraderie. This is one thing he and Jermaine share and just maybe Jackie and Marlon “resent” it just a little. Next to Jermaine, Tito is going to keep the music alive. I think being a musician keeps him in an entirely different frame of mind. I kept looking at his house and wondering what’s missing? I did notice one thing: Tito didn’t look at his “lady friend” nearly with the same intensity as he did that darn guitar.
Marlon “Makin Big Moves & Smiles"- As always I was impressed that Marlon avails himself to his family. Throughout this series one theme was unmistakable, this passive aggressive behavior between the brothers. It varied from lowered voices, to bowed heads and no direct eye contact. Yes Marlon makes a lot of jokes but listen closely and he’s really making “huge” statements with the very things he jokes about. Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with humor but why doesn’t he feel comfortable unleashing what’s really in his heart?
Jackie “Sexy Sensitive”- I will say it again, this man is a Taurus through and through (his birthday is 4 days after mine). I just wanted to scream “just do yo doggone thang then” Jackie conveniently seems to view things in “black or white.” There is no “gray” area and he has no problem changing, breaking, or making the rules when it suits his “personal” agenda. Though the moment was priceless, I doubt Jermaine putting him on speakerphone was anything other than excitement over finally accomplishing something musically. I love Jackie but a lot of the time his answers are ambiguous. He makes statements but his actions/follow through are in direct contradiction to them. Okay will somebody please tell me what is so freaking difficult about having “multiple” producers on a record? I completely understood his reservations about being “branded” with “Janet’s signature sound”, but at the same time he just languishes in the “I’m the big brother role” without taking “real” action. The Jacksons work well “under pressure” I believe is what he stated at the very onset of this series. I just hope the “pressure” doesn’t “vaporize” all together in complacency. Being a big brother doesn’t imply that you always get your way. Wars need warriors but there is nothing wrong with compromise or input from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!