Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Noisy Silence




If 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice, then I imagine the other 10% must be caused by what I call “noisy silence.” The power of life and death is definitely in the tongue but our body language can often say a lot too. So what are you saying? What are you not saying with your body language? Whether you choose to fire off a fiery little dart with your tongue or not, you may not need too. The signals you send others with your eyes and other body gestures may be more than enough to cause irreparable discord. I caution you to take the time to be more aware of how you “talk” to others verbally and non-verbally. That is why I think a smile is the best way to make “noisy silence”. A smile increases your face value and decreases friction in our daily lives. Isn’t that the best kind of noise to make the kind that causes less friction in the world? Remember just because someone has the loudest voice doesn’t necessarily mean they always need to be heard. You know you can be the change you want to see in the world just by engaging in some “noisy silence”. I recommend a hearty laugh that starts inward!

Monday, February 2, 2009

Making More Room!



It’s funny looking back over the past 24 hours but I’ve learned a lot. When I woke up this morning my body felt as if it was challenged to fight an entire playground at 3:00, but unbelievably I won! Yesterday the day of the Super bowl, I got the insatiable urge to start my spring cleaning early. I began this daunting task in the room that would present the most hurdles. Who knew a room with a computer and so many cords could leave a girl so breathless? By the end of the day I discovered the room with the least amount of furniture provided the majority of waste I’d have to discard during half time. Only stopping for hot chocolate and a few slices of pizza, I worked so hard and my deodorant really lived up to its name!
What was it I wonder about yesterday that propelled me to finally get rid of clothes, purses makeup, receipts, and even newspapers? I don’t know but whatever it was I settled into a rhythm of making room for what I’m sure now is up ahead for me. I guess it’s just this simple, I was ready. Before yesterday I couldn’t! I was holding onto the things even subconsciously and yesterday I was ready to dispose of them. It took several trips but I was so proud of myself for not quitting. We make piles for what needs to go, but we always try to keep a pile for things we think we need to keep. I told myself that if I have to talk myself into keeping something that it would just be better to go ahead and throw it away. Sometimes you have to tell your mind to shut up! The mind is good at staying in those comfortable places and far often too long!
It’s amazing what one can do with and bottle of Pine Sol and determination. Normally with the weather always so cold, I’m hesitant about taking the trash out. Yesterday I marched that trash out of my house like I was preparing for battle. In many ways I am. The next level in my life requires that I’m focused and clutter free. My house has never been messy or junky. Now there is just an unmistakable aura about the place. I felt as if I ushered in a new sense of serenity and peace. The entire experience was spiritual for me. I felt as though I was literally cleaning out the remnants of things I knew I had to remove if I were to go forward. All I did was make more room for all the wonderful things that God has in store for me!