Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Day after Christmas


I checked my email this morning. More than a few of my close friends and acquaintances are dealing with painful losses. Some have lost their jobs, family members, homes, some have even lost hope. I think the holidays mean different things to different people. I think our ability to handle any “news” is in direct correlation to where we are in our individual lives. Have you ever considered how incredibly strong you really are on the inside? Christmas is over but life continues even with death, job loss, and hopelessness permeating the atmosphere all around us. It may not look like it today but we’re strongest in our darkest moments. There is an inward resilience that allows us to handle bad news. Somebody marveled at how you were able to smile yesterday despite what you’re facing today. Look up today because if you don’t you won’t be able to see where you’re headed. God is so proud of you and I am too. To be perfectly honest, I didn’t get anything I asked Santa for. In hindsight I recognize Santa lacks the supernatural ability to deliver what I need. What we need the most can’t be delivered once a year. God who is more than capable of doing the unthinkable did deliver. For years I’ve prayed and asked God to move in certain areas in my life. As time marched on with no clear manifestation, I placed them on God’s spiritual backburner. Yesterday I got another sneak peek at how God knows what we need and when we need it. The gifts I received yesterday were just what I needed. There’s no time limit on them and I want be penalized if I hold onto them. I fully intend to hold onto yesterday for as long as I possibly can. Yesterday I saw answered prayer at its very best. When you’re least likely to remember you asked for it that’s the very moment answered prayer happens. God hears our prayers and He answers them according to His perfect plan not ours. It’s the day after Christmas! How do you feel? Was yesterday everything you expected? Did you get the 60” Plasma you asked for? Did Uncle Joe behave? Did anybody even offer to help with the dishes? I hope you had an awesome time with family and friends. I hope you were overwhelmed by love in spite of any news you may have to attend to now that Christmas is past and life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!