Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Writing Out Loud 17 November 2009


Listen to the news and try to find at least a news story that is positive. I sometimes turn my television on early in the morning to get a quick synopsis of what’s happening. This morning I was applying my makeup while listening to the morning news and was taken completely aback. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. These news anchors, who furnish us with news that shape our lives, have they always been this negative? The next time you watch the news pay close attention to how the weather anchor conveys the forecast. I turned my internal antennae all the way up and listened to the ominous prediction for the rest of the week. Imagine hearing how dim things are as soon as you wake up 365 days in a row. After ingesting so much dreadful information turning the television off was the only option. I wonder how many times I’ve listened to the news and let news geared only to shock and appall fashion my day. We’ve become hooked on sensational stories so much so, we can’t recognize anything positive or noteworthy. The weather anchor told me this morning that this week was going to be dismal and gloomy. It was so incredibly negative I immediately had to speak against it. Are you really that surprised most of the people in the free world are on anti-depressants?  We need pills to wake up and pills to go to sleep! You shouldn’t be! Satan is the prince of the power of the air. He uses the airwaves to subtly transmit doom and gloom. Don’t believe it! No matter what you see! No matter what you feel. GOD IS GOOD! God is good no matter what Oprah, Bill Maher, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck says. Look beyond the things going on in the natural and you can find hope for tomorrow. You can find God! Take the word good (GOOD), now deduct one O! Now WHO are you left with? That’s right boys and girls GOD!  Do you believe it when the sun doesn’t shine? Do you believe it when your employer hands you a pink slip? Do you believe it when your spouse walks out on you? Do you believe it when you’re blatantly being ignored? Do you believe it when the doctor gives you a bad report? Do you believe it when Sister Jane Doe rolls her eyes at you? Do you believe it when some anchor tells you what they think? Read the undisputed Word of God and find out what God has to say about your situation. I can guarantee the outcome is different than what man has to say. If you can get used to rain and storm clouds every now and then, then certainly you can get used to rainbows too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!