Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Saturday, August 29, 2009

Journal Entry 29 August 2009


An Excerpt from My Journal 29 August 2009
What a day to reflect on life and its amazing power to surprise us with the extraordinary and the unexpected. Today marks the 4th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, the storm that ravaged my beloved home of Louisiana. I was heated all those years ago by the lack of urgency from our federal government. How many lives were simply washed away when that levee broke? Today would’ve been Michael Jackson’s 51st birthday. He’s gone too. I’ve paid attention to how the media honors and not honors certain people. While our loved ones are here time almost seems to be trapped as if held by a dam. Lord, I always wonder why time seems to fly when our loved ones leave us. Maybe it’s because we think we’ll get more chances to say words that matter.
On a Saturday normally I would’ve dressed and found my way to Starbucks but on this day I was gripped in reflection. I sat and watched the Celebration of Senator Edward Moore Kennedy and his life. It dawned on me that a year to the day he made his way to the stage of the 2008 Democratic National Convention, he too now is gone. I never realized how so much of my own life has been impacted by legislation that he drafted. I’ve watched all the coverage and I watched again as this family has had to share their pain in public. Grief is grief and it does not matter at all if you have the wealth of a Kennedy or the humble beginnings of a Jackson. Whether it is a public life or private one, our lives matter right until the end and beyond.
Lord has my becoming more like you intensified my grief? I seem to grieve a lot nowadays for people I’ve never met. I wonder about how all these families famous or not are doing. When the tears come in the midnight hour I wonder how they are. Because long after the camera is turned off and the sympathetic well wishers go home comes the unavoidable silence. You know that eerie silence that comes when a loved one transitions to the next life. I still feel a deep longing for the brother I lost and the father I have no memories of. I do hope and pray that any family suffering a loss is being comforted tonight. I am! I’m still comforted by you Lord and your angels over the loss of my loved ones. I’m still comforted as I strive towards my preordained destiny. Embrace those who mourn this night and thank you in advance. The peace you give us all tonight ensures a better tomorrow.
Amazed by your grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!