Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, March 6, 2009

My Personal Tailor


Proms, weddings or romantic dinners what do they all have in common? Memorable events in our lives usually require outfits that are equally as memorable. Most women probably get excited at any opportunity to shop for new clothes. I think I’ll always be enamored with a pair of jeans, a simple blouse and my messenger bag to complete my look. I hardly ever wear dresses or heels. In fact the closer my feet are to the ground the better I feel. I’ve been invited to attend a special event in a couple months. My dilemma, this event might require me to “dress” up. I have a few things hanging in my closet, but I already have an idea that everything is entirely too big. I have a few options available to me. I could easily buy something new. I could hit the malls, boutiques, or order something from J. Crew. Another option available to me is that I can choose a number of ensembles from my closet and have them taken in by a professional tailor or seamstress. I could just wear an outfit that is too large and pray that nobody notices.
Thinking about this upcoming event I felt inspired to consider how Jesus in countless ways works as a professional yet personal tailor. I looked up the word tailor. One of the definitions I found was this one: A Tailor makes custom menswear-style jackets and the trousers or skirts that go with them, for men or women. I like to think of our bodies as mere earth suits housing our spirits. Think about it this way! Jesus starts with an already wonderful pattern (YOU and I) but He guarantees a custom fit that include expert repairs, alterations, and custom designs for our entire wardrobe needs. If I choose the option of having my clothes taken in or altered in some way, I have to be able to deal with the irrevocable consequences. Grasp this mental picture and file it away in your mental rolodex of Jesus being as the tailor, altering YOU changing YOU to fit, never to be the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!