Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, March 1, 2009

JUMPING IN


My sister called me the other day. As usual we started revisiting events from our colorful childhoods. Learning how to jump rope was a rite of passage for many young girls growing up in the Deep South. While the boys engaged in a spirited game of touch football, we girls took part in the one activity that separated the “little girls” from the “BIG GIRLS”. There were more than a few feats each girl had to accomplish in order to be considered worthy of getting near the prized rope. For instance, every girl had to be able to demonstrate that she could turn the rope precisely and consistently. The other critical mission was to be able to “JUMP IN”. “JUMPING IN” required impressive skill. You had to be capable of timing your moves just right so that you would not be struck in the face by the rope or worse, lose your turn altogether.
I can certainly recall being envious of the other girls and their pony tails bouncing violently in the air. I was afraid of “JUMPING IN”. The other girls seemed undeterred by lunging effortlessly into the unknown. To complicate matters, our jump rope was not made for the faint of heart because in the Deep South we “JUMPED” with a garden hose. One day I woke with sheer determination that I would take that leap of faith and “JUMP” in. Like a lioness hunting its prey, I watched and waited for my turn to pounce. I saw my chance and then propelled myself forward. With my big sister cheering me on, I did it! I “JUMPED” in! It was pure bliss feeling my ponytails hit me about the face. Once I tackled that garden hose I couldn’t be stopped, and each time I “JUMPED IN”, I found out I got better and better. I didn’t know it at the time but deciding to “JUMP” in was probably my first lesson in faith. I’ve managed to do a lot of things in my life many of them with nervousness and trepidation. I remember these times the most. Faith requires action!
Life requires us “JUMPING IN” even if all you can do is “JUMP” in fear!

1 comment:

  1. Heya! This is my first time on your fantastic blog. I will be back. Stay fabulous. It keeps 'em guessing. Ciao.
    ~ Secret Diary
    http://RFourBiz.Blogspot.com
    http://R4Biz.Blogspot.com
    http://Twitter.com/TheSecretDiary

    ReplyDelete

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!