Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Benefits of Being Broke!


What’s in your wallet right now lint or loot? The love of money is the root of all evil, not money itself. So many people with good reason are concerned about the stability of the economy. Greed left unchecked for so long by individuals and corporations has fleeced us all to no end. I live in the suburbs and watching all makes and models of luxury sedans pull up at our local food bank seems surreal. Being hungry makes people humble no matter what side of town they live on. All the financial experts teach us to pay ourselves first. I agree setting aside a little money from each paycheck is a good idea, but is having money everything? Most people have more month than money and there is isn't anything to set aside. The best things in life still are free like hugs. Most of us only notice what we don’t have. We never even glance at what we do have what’s right in front of us. Regardless of what your bank statement reveals there are BENEFITS TO BEING BROKE. The biggest one is the one I think we take for granted and that is now having FREE time NOT money to SPEND with our families and friends.
We’re no longer novices at throwing money at our problems. When our children get out of hand now, we merely purchase serenity. I-Pods, video games, and cell phones have replaced parenting. We used to be capable of uttering the word NO. No I don’t need the new car! No I don’t need that television just because it’s flat! No I need to pay my rent NOT buy another Coach bag! Most people with a lot of money at their disposal are emotionally and morally bankrupt because they are always chasing the dollar. Have you ever had a conversation with a rehabilitated drug addict? An addict will always tell you that the one thing they seek is to experience is the euphoria of that first hit. It really doesn’t matter to me whether you suit up or shoot up. When you chase that dollar chasing a high will always bring you low. There is another significant BENEFIT TO BEING BROKE and it is unmistakably obvious. You can now unearth real solutions NOT Benjamin’s for the cares of life. Money only tells people what you’re worth in numbers. A person’s wealth may be visible on a spreadsheet, the neighborhood he or she can afford to live in, and all the material possessions they accumulate. What has it really cost them?


Remember what I said earlier about paying yourself first? Try it! Pay yourself a well deserved compliment today! Tell yourself that in spite of what is going on all around me, I AM A WINNER! It’s another BENEFIT OF BEING BROKE and it’s free with my complements!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!