Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Sunday, February 22, 2009

When You Dig Up The Past You Get Dirty




When I first opened the box I was assaulted by an explosion of dust. Yesterday I happened upon a box of old cassettes tapes. You remember cassettes don’t you? They were all the rage before the digital revolution we find ourselves in today. Finding that box of cassettes led me to another box that contained some of my old journals. The one thing I love about journaling is that it provides documented and even measurable proof of progress and setbacks. I looked through several of my old journals and I compared them to the journal I am currently writing in, all I saw was written evidence of my growth. I learned a valuable lesson in pulling out the contents of those old boxes. When you dig up the past, all you get is dirty. The past can be useful. It saved me $100 now that I don’t have to order music I already possess in cassette form. The past loves to appear sometimes but for no other reason than to remind us of the people we used to be. The past doesn’t ever want us to become friends with the future. The past would love for you to remain comfortable in never knowing what God has planned for your life. Don’t be afraid of your past coming back to haunt you. Remember what I said earlier? When you dig up the past all you get is dirty a very true statement indeed if you can get a mental picture of it. Try if you can to picture it! Picture someone with a shovel in your past trying dig up dirt about your divorce, your prison record, your extra martial affair, your STD, your abortion, your gambling addiction, your DUI, whatever it is you’re hoping no one else knows about. Don’t you see all the dirt they are getting on themselves, REPEAT themselves not you.
Forgiveness is as easy as 1 2 3. If you asked God to forgive you of your sin He did and He threw it into the sea of forgetfulness. You see God isn’t fickle and conditional like we humans are. When we forgive it’s usually just until the next argument then we pull out our arsenal of verbal daggers hoping what we’ve said truly wounds the other person. We have learned better than any unhinged terrorist to use another person’s past much like an assault weapon. Assault weapons were intended for one purpose and that is to kill. You however, don’t have to let your past kill your future. Learn to disarm the enemy. You see no one can tell me about my abortion or what it was like when both my Father and brother committed suicide. No one can tell me how being stood up for my senior prom affected my self esteem. No one can tell my story better than me because I was there. Don’t let anybody else tell your story. Every hurt, every tear, everything you’ve endured wasn’t even about you. It was for someone else. Your mess is now your message. Anyway if I didn’t have a past, I wouldn’t have anything to write about now would I? Remember when you dig up the past all you get is dirty but Jesus’ blood makes you clean! Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!