Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What's Your Name?

What’s Your Name? I was born a couple months prematurely. My mother was in a car accident while pregnant with me so I entered the world a couple of months early. How did I get my name? My said that when she came to, she asked the doctor what month it was it just happened to be April. So my name is April and I was born in April pretty cool huh? I did some research on my name and I discovered that one of it meanings is to open up. I guess I’ve grown into my name now April just fits somehow. By now I would think it would be unproblematic for the people in my life to remember my name and birthday since they are alike. More often than no though April 30th comes and goes without a passing thought to anyone except me, the one who happens to shares her name with a month. You know children are so precious especially when they are first learning to speak. April may seem easy to pronounce to everyone except to a toddler with limited verbal skills. I got the nickname Apooh and Abble from two adorable little boys that just couldn’t pronounce April correctly under any circumstances.
What about you? Is there any nickname, alias or other moniker that you are otherwise identified by? You know that old saying is true is not what we are called but what we answer to. Now I know when people call me by toddler imposed nicknames Apooh or Abble, that they are not my name but I still answer because I know I’m April. What about you? Do you have a nickname or other given name that easily identifies you? Have you ever been called Nigger, Spic, Kike, Bitch, Whore, Loser, Fag, Stupid, Crazy, Dike, Nerd, Queer, Slut, Alcoholic, Monkey, Cracker, or Uncle Tom. What about simply being referred to as the White Woman, Arab, Generation X, Janitor, Waitress, Garbage Man, Cashier, or just “The Help”. What have you been called, more importantly, what have you answered to? Do you know the most important man in my life to some was and is just a Jew carpenter born under questionable circumstances? I find it interesting though that He’s been called Almighty, Alpha and Omega, Bread of Life, Deliverer, Emmanuel, Father, Friend, God, Healer, I AM, Jehovah, Redeemer, and Savior. You see that what’s He’s been CALLED but He still ANSWERS to Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!