Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Noisy Silence




If 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice, then I imagine the other 10% must be caused by what I call “noisy silence.” The power of life and death is definitely in the tongue but our body language can often say a lot too. So what are you saying? What are you not saying with your body language? Whether you choose to fire off a fiery little dart with your tongue or not, you may not need too. The signals you send others with your eyes and other body gestures may be more than enough to cause irreparable discord. I caution you to take the time to be more aware of how you “talk” to others verbally and non-verbally. That is why I think a smile is the best way to make “noisy silence”. A smile increases your face value and decreases friction in our daily lives. Isn’t that the best kind of noise to make the kind that causes less friction in the world? Remember just because someone has the loudest voice doesn’t necessarily mean they always need to be heard. You know you can be the change you want to see in the world just by engaging in some “noisy silence”. I recommend a hearty laugh that starts inward!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog, and so very true! If only those loud mouth, DON'T think before they speak people did that. hehe

    ReplyDelete

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!