Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, February 2, 2009

Making More Room!



It’s funny looking back over the past 24 hours but I’ve learned a lot. When I woke up this morning my body felt as if it was challenged to fight an entire playground at 3:00, but unbelievably I won! Yesterday the day of the Super bowl, I got the insatiable urge to start my spring cleaning early. I began this daunting task in the room that would present the most hurdles. Who knew a room with a computer and so many cords could leave a girl so breathless? By the end of the day I discovered the room with the least amount of furniture provided the majority of waste I’d have to discard during half time. Only stopping for hot chocolate and a few slices of pizza, I worked so hard and my deodorant really lived up to its name!
What was it I wonder about yesterday that propelled me to finally get rid of clothes, purses makeup, receipts, and even newspapers? I don’t know but whatever it was I settled into a rhythm of making room for what I’m sure now is up ahead for me. I guess it’s just this simple, I was ready. Before yesterday I couldn’t! I was holding onto the things even subconsciously and yesterday I was ready to dispose of them. It took several trips but I was so proud of myself for not quitting. We make piles for what needs to go, but we always try to keep a pile for things we think we need to keep. I told myself that if I have to talk myself into keeping something that it would just be better to go ahead and throw it away. Sometimes you have to tell your mind to shut up! The mind is good at staying in those comfortable places and far often too long!
It’s amazing what one can do with and bottle of Pine Sol and determination. Normally with the weather always so cold, I’m hesitant about taking the trash out. Yesterday I marched that trash out of my house like I was preparing for battle. In many ways I am. The next level in my life requires that I’m focused and clutter free. My house has never been messy or junky. Now there is just an unmistakable aura about the place. I felt as if I ushered in a new sense of serenity and peace. The entire experience was spiritual for me. I felt as though I was literally cleaning out the remnants of things I knew I had to remove if I were to go forward. All I did was make more room for all the wonderful things that God has in store for me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how i love to give a room a good cleaning and those bags of trash going out invigorate me...lol

    Seriously - I feel so much better after I dump a room out. I truly know what you mean. BTW that hot chocolate looks SOOO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!