Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Monday, November 10, 2008

My Truth and Nothing But My Truth


I am no different than the spin doctor who turns fiction into fact for a living. The only difference is between us, I don’t receive a paycheck. Show me a story that hasn’t been polished and doubt I’d even read it. I bring this up because of something that happened to me last week. I don’t know if I’d be particularly liked if my thoughts were made public. My trusted journal is the one constant in my life. I consider my journal my friend. I can be brutally honest never having to worry about how I come across. The paper I write on welcomes my most private thoughts. Leather bound keeping all my thoughts safe and sound. Like Ragu, it’s in there. I’m not afraid of being candid in my journal. My journal doesn’t judge only accepts. If only people could be like this no matter what you expressed huh?
Last week I admitted to my psychiatrist I sometimes withhold what I really feel from him. When he asked me why, I stated it was a fear of how he would see me. This is really funny because this man is trained specifically to deal with emotional issues. Life can be a real bitch. If I told my doctor what really goes through my mind, he’d probably secure me with 4 point restraints and admit me on the spot. So the other day I finally admit the truth and what does he do? He took out his trusted pad and wrote me a script for a new anti-depressant and increased the dosage on one I was previously taking. Doesn’t that beat all? I thought this was too funny not to share. The one time I decide to be honest with him because of what I thought would happen, happened.
Are you always honest or do you find yourself holding back? If the chicken really tastes like wood do you hope a brood of termites lurk nearby? A gorgeous woman probably a perfect size 6, struts past you with toilet tissue stuck to the bottom of her shoe, do you tell her? Your lover leaves much to be desired even with the latest penile enhancement drug. Do you lay there and fake an orgasm or secretly wish you could close the deal on the leftover Moo Shoo pork in the fridge? The truth can hurt. The truth can set you free. The truth can even cause the shrink to increase your medication. I don’t think any of us are capable of being 100% honest. With that said, what web are you spinning in that sadistic mind of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!