Welcome!

My Joy Is Contagious Make Sure You Catch It!

I always tell people that any day above ground is a good day! I hope your day is wonderful and blessed! Feel free to share your thoughts!
Thanks for stopping by!


Friday, November 7, 2008

The Morning After


The morning after, I’ve had so many. Whether it was being hung over after too many tequila shots or sneaking out of the sheets of the guy I’d slept with, I woke up in shame. I haven’t always made wise life decisions. In fact where I am in life is the product of my choices. Many times I acted on feelings which are always subject to change. I remember after the election, checking the news to make sure nothing had changed. I was never so relieved when I saw that everything was just as I left it. Then I allowed myself the luxury of being in the moment. I languished in a serene silence and tried to take it all in. The morning after the election I walked with a renewed sense of pride. As I went about my day and tried to maintain a sense of normalcy, I noticed my stature. I only caught a quick glimpse of my frame. My head looked regal and high. My shoulders were squared. My walk was confident. I woke up today with a renewed sense of self. There was no shame. I wasn’t hung over and I hadn’t slept with some random guy. I hadn’t made some colossal mistake that would affect the rest of my life. I made a choice changing the course of history. I had helped to make history. Days later it’s all still surreal. The morning after is always the result of what I’d done the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

3 Things to Remember
1. Leave a comment if you so desire.
2. 90% of the friction in daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice.
3. Shut my cyber door on your way out so I don't catch cold!
Seriously, I'd love to hear from you and I could use a Latte to keep my creative juices flowing...Be Blessed GOD loves YOU and so do I!